About Me

I am blessed with an incredible marriage to my best friend - Dawn. We have two beautiful daughters - Sarah, who is 20 and in college and Molly, who is 16 and going to be a Junior. I couldn't be more proud of all the women in my life. I love music and have the awesome opportunity to use it each and every day at First Baptist Church, Woodward, OK. God has blessed me and my family way beyond our wildest dreams. My life long dream has been to learn to fly and God is allowing me to fulfill that dream. As of right now I have 13.2 hrs and am within about 7 hrs from soloing. Dear God Help me!

Thursday, January 1, 2009

"Witness" Reunion

In 1986, a group of four guys and a gal formed a gospel singing group. The group "Witness" began to sing all over Oklahoma and the tri-state area. Witness was blessed to be able to record in an Oklahoma City studio in 1987, Benson Sound. It was an awesome time, we were young and God blessed. Most of our music was written by group members, and then we also did some of the older numbers and some of the contemporary of the day. Our last concert was on December 31, 1993, until yesterday.

After 15 years, children, grandchildren, job changes, and a plethora of many other life chapters, the group once again sang in a New Year's Eve. concert. We met at 10:00 a.m. at the Countryside Baptist Church in the Newalla/Harrah area. We rehearsed for about 2 hours and boy what age does to the voice and the memory. It was a blast!
Brad, our drummer, and his wife Pam opened their home to all of us in the afternoon where we had great food and spent our time catching up on all that has happened over the last 15 years. We determined that we must not wait so long next time to get together just to visit. After all, that would make all of us over 58. I can say that because I'm the baby of the group and I'm 43.

The concert was great! It started at 7:00 p.m. with several other groups playing and we enjoyed the laid-back atmosphere with food and fellowship. Sure beats going out and getting drunk and the next morning having no idea what you did. Not that I would know.











By the way if you come into Watonga, a little over the speed limit, they will stop you and visit with you about where you are going in such a hurry!

5 comments:

FLO said...

Really good pics Les! God bless you ALL this new year. You've always had a great voice so no matter what age you'll still sound good!

Sarah Kamolz said...

sounds fun!

Andi said...

Hey! Where's our sound byte? And the digital video? Didn't your wife video you? You need to talk to her about that...Oh, and that tie you have on in the first picture....Classic late 80s/early 90s. Liked the update!

Shelley said...

I have one of those "Witness" cassettes. I can hardly find a cassette player anymore to play it in. It is good to know that you had such a great reunion. God is so good!

Unknown said...

Les, I haven't checked to see if Rod has posted any video, but appreciate your "updated" Witness photo. Send me an email attachment copy when you get a chance.

We have enjoyed reading yours and Dawn's blogs.

Ed & Latricia